Email marketing is one of the most powerful ways to connect with your customers and increase sales, but you have to be strategic about how you approach it in order to see results. One of the best ways to do that is by using email pretargeting, which allows you to send highly-targeted emails to users before they take any action on your website.
Your goal here is twofold: To reach out to prospects while they are still researching their options, and to encourage them to purchase from your business as soon as they decide on an option.
What is email pretargeting?
- Email pretargeting is a marketing strategy style=”font-weight: 400;”> that allows you to target people with specific interests and demographics.
- Essentially, this means you can send personalized messages with the perfect content for your audience.
- Businesses have been taking advantage of email pretargeting for years now, but it’s only recently become more widely available and affordable for small businesses.
- Email marketing is greatest ways to get more revenue. It’s a simple and affordable way for small businesses and entrepreneurs to reach their target audience.
- But before you can send emails, you need people on your list! And that’s where email pretargeting comes in.
How does email pretargeting work?
- You start with a mailing list that has been compiled from prospective customers or website visitors, either through opt-in, purchase, or business contact information
- The list is pre-screened by segmentation
- A campaign consisting of one or more emails is then delivered to each individual recipient in accordance with their specific interests as identified during the screening process.
- Potential customers become aware of your company before they realize they’re being marketed to, which increases response rates and reduces unsubscribe; creating a positive customer experience that leads to increased conversion rates
- Customers often use search engines like Google when searching for products or services; targeted campaigns show up at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs), giving them valuable exposure in front of potential customers who are looking for what you offer.
- When you have email pretargeting incorporated into your marketing strategy, you can create lists based on different target groups, and so every time an email is sent out, recipients will only see messages that are relevant to them.
What are the benefits of email pretargeting?
- Pretargeting is a key component of email marketing strategy. It allows you to personalize your campaigns by reaching out with an email that is tailored for an individual, rather than sending out a generic message that might not resonate with the recipient.
- In addition, it can help boost open rates and click-through because people are more likely to read and respond when they feel like they’ve been given something specifically for them.
- A targeted email is going to get your message in front of people who have already shown an interest in a specific product or service, so they’re more likely to open it and respond than if you’d sent out a generic message.
- It also opens up room for segmentation. For example, if you send out two different emails targeting two different groups of people interested in receiving news updates on products in their respective categories, you’re going to be able to see how each group responds differently.
- That way, you’ll be able to tailor future messages accordingly as opposed to simply taking one-size-fits all approach.
- And lastly, it’s worth mentioning that email pretargeting should only be used for those recipients who want to hear from you; otherwise, this tactic could do more harm than good.
- Pretargeting has many benefits; among them are better conversion rates and greater flexibility. With this strategy, marketers reach out with personalized emails which target recipients based on information they voluntarily provide.
- If recipients indicate certain interests or purchases (for example), then marketers will craft content specific to those interests and display ads based off those preferences.
There are a number of email marketing strategies that can help you get more bangs for your buck. One of the easiest, and most effective, is email pretargeting. When you do it right, this strategy can boost your open rates as well as your click through rates, which will lead to more conversions over time. So how does email pretargeting work?
Essentially, when someone visits your website, they’ll be prompted to sign up for updates via e-mail. You can also set up these prompts by placing tags on key pages or sections of your site; either way, visitors who want regular updates from you will need to provide their contact information.
Catapult Brand Demand with Strategic Content Marketing
Having a content-first approach helps you to create the authority in the sector and generate demand for your brand.Contact Our Content Manager Now
SOJY is a Growth Marketing Strategist with proven expertise in Marketing Psychology, Performance marketing and SEO with over 7 years of experience in the industry. With a passion for helping businesses grow, he has a track record of success in developing and executing innovative marketing strategies that drive growth and ROI.