Are you tired of creating content that goes unnoticed? Do you want to capture the attention of your target audience and boost your account-based marketing efforts? Look no further! In this blog post, we’ll share five tips on how to create more engaging content for account-based marketing.
From understanding your audience’s pain points to leveraging the power of visuals, these tips will help you craft compelling content that resonates with your ideal customers. So grab a pen and paper (or open up a new tab on your laptop) and let’s get started!
In account-based marketing (ABM), the focus is on key accounts that have been identified as high-value targets. The goal is to generate more engagement and conversion from these accounts by tailoring content and messages specifically for them.
Here are some tips to create more engaging content for your ABM campaigns:
1. Know your audience and their needs.
Before you can create engaging content, you need to understand who your audience is and what they want or need from your company. Take the time to research your target accounts and understand their business objectives. This will help you create content that resonates with them and drives results.
2. Create personalized content.
Once you know who your target audience is, you can start creating personalized content for them. This could include custom landing pages, tailored emails, or even just using their name in the subject line of an email. By making your content more personal, you’ll increase the likelihood that it will be read and engaged with.
3. Make it relevant.
Your content also needs to be relevant to your audience’s needs if you want it to be successful. Write about topics that are important to them and offer solutions to their pain points. If your content is helpful and relevant, they’re more likely to read it and take action on it.
What Is Content Engagement?
When it comes to content engagement, there are a few key things you need to keep in mind.
First and foremost, your content needs to be relevant to your audience. It should be something that they can use and that will help them solve a problem or learn something new.
Secondly, your content needs to be engaging. It should be interesting and easy to read.
Finally, your content needs to be shareable.
If it’s not something that people will want to share with their friends and colleagues, then it’s not going to do much for your account-based marketing efforts.
Tip #1: Research Your Buyer Personas
Your buyer persona is the foundation of your account-based marketing efforts. By taking the time to research and understand your ideal customer, you can create content that engages them at every stage of their journey.
Here are a few tips to help you research and develop your buyer persona:
- Start with your existing customer base. If you have a current customer or client list, start there. These are people who have already shown an interest in what you have to offer. Use surveys, interviews, and other research methods to learn more about their needs, wants, and pain points.
- Look at your competition. Take a look at who your competition is targeting and why. This can give you some insight into who else might be interested in your product or service.
- Use online tools like Google Ad Words and social media platforms to do some market research. You can use tools like Google Ad Words to see who is searching for keywords related to your product or service. You can also use social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter to see what kind of content is being shared by people in your target market.
- Talk to salespeople and customer service reps. Salespeople and customer service reps are on the front lines when it comes to interacting with customers and understanding their needs. They can give you valuable insights into what buyers are looking for and how they make purchase decisions.
Tip #2: Understand the Challenges Facing Your Target Audience
- The second tip for creating more engaging content for account-based marketing style=”font-weight: 400;”> is to understand the challenges facing your target audience.
- This means doing your research and understanding what their pain points are and what they are looking for in a solution.
- Only then can you create content that truly resonates with them and provides value.
- When you understand the challenges facing your target audience, you can create content that addresses their specific needs.
- This could be in the form of blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, or even webinars. Whatever the format, make sure your content is targeted and relevant to their needs.
- If you can provide valuable insights that help your target audience overcome their challenges, you will be well on your way to creating more engaging content for account-based marketing.
Catapult Brand Demand with Strategic Content Marketing
Having a content-first approach helps you to create the authority in the sector and generate demand for your brand.Contact Our Content Manager Now
Tip #3: Create Content That Is Relevant and Engaging
- When creating content for your account-based marketing efforts, be sure to make it relevant and engaging.
- This means understanding what your target audience is looking for and providing them with information that is useful and interesting.
- One way to ensure that your content is relevant and engaging is to create buyer personas. These are fictional representations of your ideal customers, based on real data about their needs, wants, and pain points.
- Once you have a good understanding of who your buyer persona is, you can create content that speaks directly to them.
- Another way to ensure that your content is relevant and engaging is to keep up with the latest industry trends.
- This means staying up-to-date on the latest news, developments, and changes in your industry so that you can always be providing your audience with the most current information.
- If you can provide relevant and engaging content to your target audience, you’ll be well on your way to success with account-based marketing.
Tip #4: Personalize Your Content and Messaging
- When creating content for your account-based marketing campaigns, it’s important to personalize your messaging and content to appeal to your specific target audience.
- This means tailoring your content to fit the needs and interests of your ideal customer, rather than using a generic or one-size-fits-all approach.
- To start, you’ll need to segment your audience into different groups based on factors like company size, industry, and location.
- Once you’ve done this, you can start creating targeted content that speaks directly to the needs of each group.
- For example, if you’re targeting small businesses, you might create content about saving time and money with your product or service
- If you’re targeting larger enterprises, on the other hand, you might create content about how your product can help them scale or grow their business.
- No matter who your target audience is, though, it’s important to make sure that your content is engaging and interesting.
- This means writing in a clear and concise style, using strong visuals where appropriate, and including calls to action that encourage your readers to take action.
- By following these tips, you can create more engaging content that will resonate with your target audience and help you achieve your account-based marketing goals.
Tip #5: Make It Easy to Share Your Content
- Use share buttons: Include social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) share buttons on your blog posts and website pages. This makes it easy for readers to share your content with their followers.
- Use engaging headlines: Write headlines that are interesting and make people want to read your content.
- Use images and videos: People are more likely to share content that includes images or videos.
- Use quotes: Quotes from experts or influencers in your industry can make your content more shareable.
- Make it easy to share your content: Use share buttons and make sure your content is easy to read and digestible so that people will want to share it with their followers.
Account-based marketing is a powerful tool for businesses looking to increase their reach and engage with potential customers. By following these 5 tips, you can create content that will be more engaging and effective when targeting your accounts.
Utilizing personalization, storytelling, leveraging user-generated content, utilizing visuals when appropriate, and keeping it fresh are all great ways to ensure your messages stick with the right people. With an effective account-based marketing strategy in place, you have the ability to build stronger relationships with your best prospects in no time!
SOJY is a Growth Marketing Strategist with proven expertise in Marketing Psychology, Performance marketing and SEO with over 7 years of experience in the industry. With a passion for helping businesses grow, he has a track record of success in developing and executing innovative marketing strategies that drive growth and ROI.