However, many developers can find themselves running into difficulty with JS Websites, as they often don’t anticipate the most common issues they may face. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the most common unsuspected difficulty with JS Websites and how to avoid or overcome them.
- Pagination is an important feature for any website, especially those with lots of content.
- When done properly, pagination can improve the user experience by allowing visitors to quickly find the content they’re looking for.
- These tags allow the browser to split up long webpages into separate pages, with links to the other pages provided at the bottom of each page.
- Without these tags, visitors may have to scroll through a long page just to find the content they need, which can be frustrating and time-consuming.
- If the scripts aren’t supported, then visitors may not be able to access certain pages or content.
- This can be especially problematic if the site relies heavily on pagination, as visitors may not be able to view all of the content they want.
- To ensure that your pagination is working properly, make sure you’re using page-breaking tags and client-side scripting that is compatible with the major browsers and devices.
- This will help ensure that visitors have a seamless and enjoyable experience when viewing your site.
Do not use Hashtags
- Since the hashtag is part of the URL, it can make the page longer than it needs to be, making the page load more slowly.
- Additionally, hashtags can cause problems with linking from one page to another as the links can become broken when the hashtag is included.
- If a hashtag is required for a certain feature of your website, ensure that it is only used when absolutely necessary and that the code is written to handle it properly.
Keep your eye on JS redirects
- Redirects are basically instructions that tell the browser where to go next when someone visits your website.
- They can be set up in a number of ways, but they must always point to the correct destination.
- JS redirects are often used to deliver dynamic content or perform special functions, such as re-directing visitors from old webpages to new ones.
- There are several things you need to look out for when it comes to JS redirects. First, make sure that any links you set up in your code always point to the correct location.
- Second, always check that the page you’re redirecting to actually exists, as if it doesn’t, visitors will end up with an error page.
- Finally, ensure that you keep track of any redirects you have set up, as if you change your website’s structure, some may no longer be valid and need to be updated.
- If you follow these guidelines, you should be able to ensure that all your JS redirects work correctly and your visitors can find their way around your website without any problems.
Can't block JS and CSS file for bot if needed
- Without indexing, your site won’t show up in search engine results.
- The best way to make sure bots can index your site is to serve the same HTML content for both humans and bots.
- For example, if you have a page that requires a login to view, you would want to make sure the bot can’t get access to the content without logging in.
- Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to block the bot from accessing these files. Most web servers don’t have an easy way to do this, and manually blocking them could take up a lot of time and energy.
- Fortunately, there are some tools available that can help you block specific files from being indexed by bots.
- One of these tools is called Disallow Bot, which allows you to easily disallow any file or folder on your server from being indexed by bots.
- This can help ensure that your website is properly indexed and will appear in search engine results.
Catapult Brand Demand with Strategic Content Marketing
Having a content-first approach helps you to create the authority in the sector and generate demand for your brand.Contact Our Content Manager Now
SOJY is a Growth Marketing Strategist with proven expertise in Marketing Psychology, Performance marketing and SEO with over 7 years of experience in the industry. With a passion for helping businesses grow, he has a track record of success in developing and executing innovative marketing strategies that drive growth and ROI.