E-mail marketing is crucial tools for digital marketers. It allows you to reach a large audience with your marketing message, and to track the success of your campaigns.
However, email marketing is not always easy. With so many messages vying for attention in people’s inboxes, it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. That’s why we’ve put together this list of top UX strategies for great e-mail marketing.
Applying these strategies will help you create emails that are more likely to be opened and read by your subscribers. They will also make it easier for people to take the actions you want them to, whether that’s signing up for your newsletter or making a purchase on your website.
So without further ado, here are our top UX strategies for great e-mail marketing:
What is UX?
There are a lot of different moving parts when it comes to email marketing, and it can be tough to keep track of everything. That’s where UX comes in.
User experience (UX) is all about making sure that your users have a positive experience when interacting with your brand, and that includes your e-mail marketing. By following some simple UX strategies, you can make sure that your emails are clean, clear, and easy to use, which will go a long way in keeping your customers happy.
Benefits of using UX strategies for successful email marketing
Some of the benefits of using UX strategies for e-mail marketing include:
- Improved open rates: If your emails are easy to read and navigate, people are more likely to actually open them. This is especially important if you have a large list of subscribers.
- Higher click-through rates: Once people open your email, you want them to take action. By using UX design principles, you can make it easier for people to find the call-to-action button and click through to your website or landing page.
- More engaged subscribers: If people enjoy reading and interacting with your emails, they’re more likely to remain on your list and continue engaging with your brand. This can lead to improved sales over time.
- Greater ROI: Ultimately, all of these factors can lead to a higher return on investment for your email marketing campaigns. By investing in UX strategies, you can improve the overall success of your campaign, resulting in more leads and sales
User experience (UX) is all about making sure that your users have a positive experience when interacting with your brand, and that includes your e-mail marketing.
E-mail marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach out to potential and current customers. However, with so many businesses vying for attention in people’s inboxes.
Top tips for using UX strategies for email marketing
E-mail marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach out to potential and current customers. However, with so many businesses vying for attention in people’s inboxes, it’s more important than ever to create emails that are not only well-designed but also user-friendly.
1. Communicate your client in their language
Make sure your e-mail marketing communications are coming across in the right language. If you’re not sure, ask a native speaker or use Google Translate. The key is to make sure the meaning is conveyed accurately.
2. Make your first impression valuable using eye catchy subject lines
Email subject lines are often the first thing customers see when they open their inboxes, so it’s important to make a good impression. Here are some tips for creating eye-catching and valuable subject lines:
– Use actionable language that encourages recipients to open your email.
For E.g., Get 50% off on your next purchase or Don’t miss our biggest sale of the year
– Be clear and concise. Subject lines that are too long or confusing are likely to be ignored. Keep it simple and to the point.
– personalize your subject lines whenever possible. Add the recipient’s name or other relevant information to make them feel like the email is meant just for them.
– Use emoji’s judiciously – a little can go a long way in making your subject line stand out. But don’t go overboard
– Too many emoji’s can be overwhelming and off-putting.
3. Ensure your email is mobile friendly
- E-mail marketing is a great way to reach out to your customers and promote your products or services.
- If e-mails are not mobile friendly, you can miss out on the large no of portion of your potential audience.
- Most people now use their smartphones for all their email needs, so it’s important to make sure that your messages are optimised for small screens.
- When someone opens your email on their phone, you want it to look good no matter what size screen they’re using. Responsive layout automatically adjust an appearance of e-mail to fit device.
- Because of the limited space on a mobile screen, you want to make sure that your font sizes are large enough to be easily readable. Stick with 16pt or larger for body text and 24pt or larger for headlines.
4. Email text should be concise using best styling text practice
The trend these days is toward shorter email content. Think of your email as a mini-blog post or news article. The best e-mail marketing practices suggest keeping your text concise and using styling that is easy to read on a mobile device.
Some guidelines for concise, stylish email text include:
– Use short paragraphs, bullet points, and lists whenever possible
– Stick to a single topic per email
– Get to the point quickly and clearly
– Use strong headlines and subheadings
– Use clear, actionable language
– Avoid jargon and acronyms
-proofread your email before sending
5. Ensure to create email signature
When creating your email signature, be sure to keep it simple and professional. Include your name, title, company name, and contact information.
You can also include the link of your website or blog. Keep the font size small and the overall design clean and streamlined.
6. Try to reduce loading time of email
It’s no secret that people are impatient when it comes to waiting for things to load. It is very true when it comes to e-mail. In fact, studies have shown that people will only wait 3-5 seconds for an email to load before they abandon it altogether.
This means that if your email takes longer than a few seconds to load, you’re likely losing potential customers and damaging your brand reputation.
7. Add relevant links to email
Adding relevant links to your email can be a great way to improve your UX and increase your click-through rate. Here are some tips for adding links to your email:
- Make sure your link text clearly describes the content that users will find when they click on the link. This will help them understand what they’re clicking on and increase the likelihood that they’ll actually click on it.
- Don’t hide your links in the body of your email – make sure they’re easy to spot so that users can easily find them.
- Don’t bombard users with too many links – only include a few relevant ones so as not to overwhelm recipients.
8. Must add call to action to your mail
Your e-mail marketing campaign is not complete without a call to action. A call to action is what tells your subscribers what you want them to do next. It could be something as simple as clicking on a link or buying a product.
Without a call to action, your email will just be another piece of digital clutter. So make sure you add a call to action that is clear and concise. Tell your subscribers what you want them to do and make it easy for them to do it.
9. Appreciate subscribers with incentives or offers
E-mail marketing is a great way to connect with your subscribers and keep them coming back for more. But, how do you make sure that your emails are stand out from the rest?
Subscribers are more likely to open and engage with an email if they know there’s something in it for them. Offering incentives or discounts is a great way to show your appreciation for their business and keep them coming back for more.
By understanding and making use of these 9 UX strategies, you should be able to greatly improve your e-mail marketing campaigns. These strategies will help you drive conversions and maximize the return on investment from your emails.
As this area of digital marketing changes rapidly, it’s important to stay up-to-date with new developments in the space. With a keen eye for detail and an unwavering focus on providing value to customers, email marketing can become one of the most effective tools in your arsenal.